Youth agencies are contracted to hire and supervise youth for the SCYEC. This coordinated partnership has been a vital piece of the preparation for and implementation of the SCYEC. The youth agencies hire and provide daily support to the youth by providing case management services and work-readiness training.
The youth service agencies are the employer of record and:
- Provide training for staff and participating youth and young adults
- Provide day-to-day supervision and oversight of each crew
- Collaborate with project hosts to manage each crew’s work and support the educational aspects of the program
- Provide transportation to and from project sites
- Ensure that crews have necessary safety gear, tools, and materials to complete tasks in a safe and efficient manner
- Support youth participation in educational components of the program
The program is currently contracting with Conservation Corps North Bay (CCNB) to deliver the program.